Screen Actors Guild Class:
This On-going Monthly Acting Course offers students a look into the acting side of the Entertainment Industry. Students should be prepared to work in non-traditional acting classes emphasizing the construction and control of character given the unique pressures of a film or television shoot.
COURSE OVERVIEW AND CURRICULUM
From day one, our students are immersed in the “how’s and why’s” of acting for film. Teachers will introduce students to the following topics through class exercises:
- Relaxation – How to release tensions that get in the way of acting.
- Method – How to act truthfully moment-to-moment.
- Scene Study – How to identify the dramatic beats of the scene and needs of the characters.
- Movement – How character and action can be expressed without words.
- Voice – How to use voice to reveal character.
- Acting For Camera – How to work in front of the lens, hit marks, use eyelines, and create fresh performances for every take.
The intensive On-going Monthly Acting for Film Workshop was designed to serve the needs of different types of students. This on-going course gives students an understanding of the rigorous requirements of the film actor. They realize that one month will not fulfill their desire to learn all they can about the craft of acting and therefore return to complete a longer course of study.
(Meets once a week two-hours per class, eight hours total per month).